Frequently asked questions
Where is CCTV AKA Video Security Surveillance applicable?
The following site applications shows how CCTV systems may be able to improve your bottom line profits & safety of you and the others around you, by reducing theft, vandalism and the time spent seeking to reduce general nuisance, crime and/or identifying those responsible for it.
Daycares & Schools
- As more and more children are open to anything from abuse to abductions installing cameras on site gives a clear view of all covered areas from everyone coming and going, to the checkout counter, play areas and other rooms. This not only gives a visual record of people as they arrive on site but also acts as a deterrent to criminal or abusive behavior. Also see the section below on staff fraud.
- As we are sure you are aware, security is increasingly becoming an important factor to those who are considering holiday home ownership. Attracting one or two additional owner-occupiers as a result of installing CCTV will often pay for the system.
- A camera mounted at the entrance to the area will enable you to monitor and record all vehicles, with their number plates, twenty-four hours a day. This is used at a number of locations to deter armed robbery and undesirables from entering. Should they persist in doing so you will have a record of when they entered?
- Car theft is growing at an alarming speed. Although sites are not generally liable for guest's cars, if a car is damaged or stolen a guest may not feel like returning in the future. We can install a camera system that will cover your parking lots, 365 days a year at a fraction of the cost of employing a foot patrol. Video footage and pictures always make undisputable evidence and can help find those responsible.
Gaming & Vending Machines
- Gaming, vending and cigarette machines can be a frequent target for the criminal element. These can be adequately protected by the use of CCTV. At one site we placed a hidden camera where these were regularly being broken into with the result that the thief was caught within a few days.
Reception Areas & Bars
- As receptionists are open to anything from abuse to armed attack we have installed cameras on some sites to give a clear view of everyone standing at the counter. This not only gives a visual record of people as they arrive on site but also acts as a deterrent to criminal or abusive behavior. Also see the section below on staff fraud.
- A camera placed within the cash room can deter armed attack or unauthorized staff entry, while a camera outside the cash room can give the staff inside a view not only of who is opposite the door (as does a peephole) but also anyone else in the general area.
- This is increasingly an area for consideration, especially as most trade magazines estimate retail shrinkage to be in the region of 2-3½% of turnover (This may translate to 20+% of profits). See section what every retailer needs to know!
- Systems can be used to detect unauthorized visitors entering the site and using the pool or to make sure that recreational assistants are doing their job and not simply congregating at a single point for a chat. Cameras can also be used on your behalf to ensure that health and safety policy is adhered to in areas that cannot be directly observed.
Staff, Theft & Fraud
- Cellars and kitchens can be covered to deter and detect any staff theft. It is a sad fact that up to 60% of shrinkage from retail premises is now believed to be staff related.
- Private hospitals as well as other Health Authorities.
Leisure & Recreation Sites
- The main benefit reported by many leisure and sport complexes, holiday sites, clubs and pubs is the high level of customer perception that the location has above average security.
How does Remote Viewing work?
Did you find what you need?
We are here to help. Let us know how we can serve you.
Security saving tips
- The staff within a company should be held to an iron clad computer usage policy.
- Do not open emails from people you do now know. Be sure to utilize an email scanner that will scan your emails for viruses.
- A lot of companies have no type of internet content filtering within their organization.
- Companies need to protect their valuable data and when people are using the computers in their business they have to have access to important documents in order to perform their job.